Williton Pavilion is located in the centre of the village on the War Memorial Recreation Ground. Access to the Pavilion is via Robert Street, a short walk from the main car park in Killick Way where there is ample parking. Disabled parking is also available adjacent to the building, along with space for loading and unloading vehicles.
The Pavilion has been designed to be multifunctional, catering for sports, leisure and social activities. The design ensures that it is fully accessible, including a number of dementia friendly features.
Williton Pavilion offers the following facilities
- Main Hall – 9.1m x 18m
- Ground floor Meeting/ Function Room – 7m x 5m
- 1st Floor Meeting Room 6m x 4.7m
- Commercial Kitchen 5m x 4m
- Two main changing rooms
- Officials’ Changing room
- Disabled Toilet/ Changing room
- Baby Changing room
- Male and Female toilets
- 1st Floor Disabled toilet
- Storage area for user equipment
- Free WiFi
- Hearing Loop system
- Lift to first floor
Main Hall: This has been designed to meet Badminton of England specification for community Badminton and provides a 6.2m ridge height making it suitable for a number of indoor sports activities. The floor is a semi sprung wooden floor and a portable modular stage will be available for concerts and drama productions. The hall opens onto a covered area before stepping out into the Recreation Ground which is also available for hire.
The main hall will seat 100 people for a function and up to 200 people if configured for a meeting. Tables and chairs are provided along with a number of children’s chairs and tables, including high chairs, for you to set out as you require.
There is a 4.5m x 2.8m retractable screen located at one end of the main hall for both cinema and projection. The hall is also fitted with a loop hearing system.
- Ground floor meeting & function room: This room seats between 25 and 30 people and, due to its size, provides a venue for small parties and functions with its own dedicated kitchenette. It is fitted with a retractable screen suitable for projection and it is also fitted with a loop hearing system. There is free WiFi and ample sockets available for computers.
- 1st Floor meeting room: This room overlooks the Quantock Hills and Recreation Ground and seats up to 20 people. It has its own dedicated kitchenette and is accessible by stairs and lift. A unisex disabled toilet is also located on this floor.
- Kitchen: Well equipped kitchen that is fully accessible and includes cooker, refrigerator, commercial dishwasher, small freezer, plate warmer and microwave oven. The kitchen is equipped to cater for 100 plus people and has a serving hatch directly into the main hall and onto the ground to support external events.
- Changing rooms: The Pavilion has two main changing rooms, official’s changing room and a disabled changing room, all having access onto the ground and into the building. Each has its own shower unit and toilets and are designed to football foundation requirements. All include lockers for your personal belongings.
- Baby changing room: A separate baby changing room is available with baby changing station and hand basin.
If you have comments or information you would like to add or would like please use the contact us, either using the form or the Contact page.